Are the windows in your home old and outdated? Do you notice a lot of air escaping? If so, it’s time to consider new window installation so you can reduce your energy bills and be more comfortable no matter what the season.
If you currently have single hung windows, it could be to your advantage to switch to the double-hung variety. Here are some benefits of making the change:
1) Increasing energy efficiency. Most older windows aren’t sealed properly and may have loosened or joints over the years. This has likely allowed for more air infiltration into your property. Double hung windows in Downriver Michigan will lower your heating and cooling costs, significantly reduce a loss of energy, and enhance the overall level of comfort in your home.
2) Easier to install a window air conditioner. Double-hung windows feature sashes that move up and down, therefore it makes it much easier for you to install a window AC unit securely. It’s a time saver, too.
3) Airflow. Another advantage is the fact that installing a screen is very easy, due to the easily moving sashes. When you install a screen, you allow for a cool breeze during hot months, and you can keep bugs and debris away, too. It’s a great way to boost your home’s positive airflow.
4) Cleaning is easier. Since the sashes tilt in on double hung windows, you can easily get to them to clean, without using a complex tool or method.
5) Extremely versatile. These types of windows come in a large variety of sizes, shapes, colors and styles, so you can really get creative with your personal touch.
Consider making the change
There are many home improvements you can think about that will add to the value of your home, and a window replacement is one of them. If you’re thinking about selling your home in the future, new windows are a great draw for prospective buyers. No buyer wants to worry about replacing 15 or 20 windows in their new home – so why not take that out of the equation and make the improvement now? You’ll be warmer in the winter, and cooler in the summer. The bottom line? It’s a very smart investment. Home Windows Michigan is the perfect place to find out about new window installation in Downriver MI, as well as window replacement and window inspections. It’s important to have your property inspected annually to check for things like roof damage and window damage. If any issues are discovered, you can talk to a licensed, reputable building contractor in your neighborhood. Be sure to choose one that is insured and certified, and one that has a good ranking with the Better Business Bureau and Angie’s List.
Name brands are the best
If you call a home improvement contractor in Downriver Michigan and they use top brands such as Pella, you know they are credible and trusted. By using an internationally recognized manufacturer, they can help you save money and provide an extended lifetime warrantee on all products and materials. Installing double-hung windows yourself is not recommended, unless you have had specific training to do so. Home Windows Michigan regularly posts informative blogs on how to find a good building contractor, what to look for when it comes to window damage, and other interesting topics. We are your go-to place for all things related to windows. If you are searching for a good roofing or window installation contractor, be sure to check out their Facebook page and website. Look for recent reviews, comments and photos of projects. By doing your research, you’ll save yourself both time and money. Installing windows is a tricky job best left to the professionals. Home Windows Michigan has you covered and pledges to help you find the right building company for your home renovation. In addition to new windows, you might want to consider new doors, a new roof, siding, porch, kitchen, bathroom, or flooring. By combining several renovations, you can probably save money and have it all done at the same time. Most companies offer attractive financing and credit plan options, so your new double-hung windows will be affordable. Look around and you will find the perfect deal for your budget.