Are you thinking about using casement windows in Ann Arbor MI? Do you want something different in your home? Take a look at this casement windows guide to learn more about the pros and cons of casement windows in Ann Arbor MI. There are many pros and cons to using casement windows and which one you choose will come down to your taste in windows and the budget allowed for the windows. Here are the pros and cons of casement windows in Ann Arbor MI.
Casement Windows in Ann Arbor MI – Pros and Cons
Pros of Casement Windows in Ann Arbor Michigan
Here are a few pros to using casement windows in your home in Ann Arbor, Michigan:
- Cleaning is Easy – With casement windows, you will find that cleaning the windows are a lot easier than most windows.
- Easy to Open – Casement windows have a turn handle to turn and open. So, opening the windows is pretty easy to do.
- More of a View – Since the windows are placed in hard to reach areas, the view provided by these windows are open and beautiful.
- Material Styles – With casement windows, there are many materials styles to choose from.
- Great Noise Reducer – Another pro to using casement windows is the noise reducer it provides.
- Hard to Reach Places – These windows are great for hard to reach places. Many people install casement windows over sinks and other places that are hard to reach because casement windows have a turn handle allowing you to easily open the window.
Cons of Casement Windows in Ann Arbor Michigan
Here are a couple of cons to using casement windows in your Ann Arbor, Michigan, home:
- Easy to Come Through – One of the cons to using casement windows is the fact that they are easy to come through. So, someone trying to break in your house wouldn’t have a hard time coming through the window.
- More Expensive – Another con to using casement windows is the price tag. Compared to other windows such as single hung and double hung windows, these windows are more expensive. So, if you are installing more than one window in your home and you are considering casement windows, keep that in mind.
As you can see, there are a few pros and cons to using casement windows in Ann Arbor Michigan. Making your decision on which style of windows to use in your home really comes down to your budget and what you like. Casement windows aren’t meant to be installed in every slot for windows. These windows are mostly used in hard to reach places such as over the kitchen sink or in a bathroom.
If you are still having a hard time deciding if you want to use casement windows, take a look at the other window style guides here on Home Windows Pros. We have covered all the window styles on this blog including the pros and cons of each one. For more information on window styles, please visit our home page at Home Windows Pros and select the Window Styles category.